“Civilization and society rest on morals. Morals rest on religion. Religion rests on the Bible and faith in God and Jesus Christ.” Those were the words of Billy Sunday, who was a famous professional baseball player in the 1880s before he accepted God’s call as an evangelist.
Sunday was just as influential in the church world as he was in the sports world, and we would do well to remember his words today. Indeed, morals rest on religion and religion rests on Bible and faith in God and Jesus Christ. But civilization and society at large are rejecting morals, religion and Christ.
Sunday saw an epidemic of immorality back in 1929 that lit a fire under him and anyone who would listen to his theatrical preaching. In a YouTube video called “Billy Sunday Burns Up the Backsliding World: Whirlwind evangelist swings into action at Boston,” Sunday had a warning for America…” Read more>>
Source : Charisma News
Church of God congregations are encouraged to participate in the upcoming 40 Days to Save America national call to prayer, fasting and repentance, beginning September 28.
The national election will be the focus, 40 days prior to the national election. Doug Small, Coordinator for Prayer Ministries, is urging Church of God congregations to join the National Prayer Committee and other national prayer organizations from September 28 to November 6.
Dave Butts, chairman of America’s Prayer Committee, along with Shirley Dobson, the leader of the National Day of Prayer has partnered with many denominations, and national prayer organizations – to call the nation to prayer… Full article here
Source : Faith News
Church of God Prayer Ministries has an on-going initiative to involve the local church in a regular program of prayer. It’s called the Praying Church Movement.
The Praying Church Movement is a network of Church of God Prayer leaders who affirm the seven commitments of a praying church and are moving toward these goals. They are:
1.Led by a praying pastor, and aided by a prayer leadership team, we commit to bring prayer to the heart of all we do! “Without Christ, we can do nothing!” Therefore, our resources, spiritual and material; our plans and programs, we will bathe in prayer.
2.We will encourage at-home, daily, to-be-like-Jesus praying. We will reestablish our personal and family altars. We will embrace the discipline of daily times with God, with one another as couples, and as families. We will champion the idea of prayer rooms/closets… Read More
Source : http://www.faithnews.cc
Oh, that you would burst from the heavens and come down! …When you came down long ago, you did awesome things beyond our highest expectations… For since the world began, no ear has heard, and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for him! (Isaiah 64:1-5 NLT)
- Today thousands of people will start praying for our region using the Seek God for the City 2012 Prayer Guide – we are joyfully anticipating the awesome things God will do in Metro Detroit because our hearts are united in earnest, strategic, Scriptural prayer (Children can be involved as well, please visit www.waymakers.org/childrens-guide.html)
- The new EACH 2WordStory book is now ready for printing – it includes over twenty 2WordStory testimonies
- Prayer: That the EACH Prayer Task Force will have the Lord’s wisdom and favor as they finalize plans for the multi-location simulcast Prayer Rally on March 29th and the Comerica Park Prayer Walk on April 28th. For the Lord’s special blessings upon everyone using the Seek God for the City 2012 Prayer Guide, and for our prayers to be answered in amazing ways.
- Pastors: That pastors of participating churches will inspire their congregations to pray earnestly for unceasing revival of the church of Metro Detroit and to participate in EACH outreaches
- Good Deeds: For the EACH Steering Committee to have God’s wisdom, discernment, and favor as they finalize plans for the 40-days of good deeds
- 2WordStory: The 2WordStory.com website has 19 video-taped stories, and the online store for 2WordStory T-shirts and gear is now open. Pray that the Lord will use all 2WordStory buttons, apparel, and personal stories to touch unsaved people throughout our region.
- Good News: That evangelism training conferences at 5 regional locations during March will be well-attended so that many more believers will be able to share their faith confidently and effectively. For details about the one morning training, Everyone A Chance to Share, please click on link below:
“Forget the former things; do now dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?” (Isaiah 43.18 New International Version).
By Grant McClung
There is a desperate need for perception in our day.
Through mass media and the internet there is a knowledge explosion and information overload. The “haves” in the industrialized, “developed” world with stronger economies are afforded the luxuries of accessibility to literature, education, travel, and exposure to life experiences – including leisure and recreation – that broaden their interaction with a global environment and widen their knowledge, if not their wisdom. In short, this generation knows, sees, and experiences more — but understands less.
Most definitions of “perceive” use descriptors like “awareness,” “understanding,” “apprehension,” “comprehension,” “discernment.” A “perception” is insight, knowledge, or intuitive judgment. As a word, “perceive” is derived from the Latin word percipere – “to seize:” per – “thoroughly” + capere “to take.” Therefore, when insight or wisdom is “perceived,” it is “seized” and “thoroughly taken.”
In Isaiah 43.18 God does not invite a consideration but commands Israel – and us – to forget former things, flee a fixation on the past, focus on His current work, and firmly seize – thoroughly take hold of and embrace – what He is beginning in a new season… Full article here
Source : http://www.faithnews.cc
“Guvernatorul statului american Texas crede că rugăciunea este singura cale de rezolvare a problemelor Americii. Ca atare el a cerut tuturor guvernatorilor americani și liderilor creștini să i se alăture într-o zi de post și rugăciune pentru țară, în această vară.
Potențial candidat la președinția SUA, Rick Perry i-a invitat pe toți guvernatorii și liderii creștini să se adune cu ocazia unei zile de rugăciune pentru America pe data de 6 august. Evenimentul este intitulat „Răspunsul” iar organizatorii îl justifică afirmând că „America este în mijlocul unei crize istorice”: „La momentul acesta America este în criză: am fost asaltați de criza financiară, de terorism, de o multitudine de dezastre naturale. Ca popor trebuie să ne adunăm și să-i cerem lui Iisus să ne călăuzează prin aceste încercări fără precedent și să-i mulțumim pentru binecuvântările libertății de care ne bucurăm din plin.” …” Continuare aici